Tuesday, September 29, 2009

SUH-WEET STUDIO SPACE!

So.

My original plan was to arrange and lay down all the instrumental tracks this fall-
and then when i went home for Christmas, record the vocals in the acoustically perfect Hochstein Music School in my hometown of Rochester, NY.

However, since i've been on the recording fast-track --
what with my new found free time since fracturing my ankle on the job at BILLY ELLIOT-
I've been trying to find a new, quiet, 'ringy', free place where I can record vocals ASAP and hopefully get this CD out and ready to sell before the holidays.

Just yesterday i was telling Andy (the bf), 

"I just need a place after 11pm where I can do my thing and people will just leave me alone."

Well....
as luck would have it...

This afternoon I was in the office of my apartment building (Manhattan Plaza) getting a guest pass for mom and her friend when they come to visit this weekend. Or rather, when my mom and her friend come to see BILLY ELLIOT.  Saturday night. Without me in it. Because I fractured my ankle like a dumbass.

Yes. 
In some families- the force is strong. 
In mine? 
Irony.

Meh...
we'll get a good visit in.

Anyway-
I was in the office getting a pass for my mom when someone behind me asked for the 'rehearsal room sign up sheet'.

uhm...
jigga-wha?

Apparently--
In the bowels of my building-
THERE IS A REHEARSAL ROOM?!!
A REALLY NICE, AWESOME, QUIET, PINGY, FREE REHEARSAL ROOM!

So...
I took a gander at the schedule...
And gee.
Look what slot is open almost EVERY NIGHT...
"11:30pm-12:45am".

My God.
I love my building.

Ok, sometimes i hate my building...

but today?
I absolutely LOVE my building!

THIS is one of the reasons i was on the waiting list for over ELEVEN years for this fucking place. Because...

THERE IS A REHEARSAL ROOM.
A REALLY NICE, AWESOME, QUIET, PINGY, FREE REHEARSAL ROOM!

Jesus, it's like being back in college but not having to sell your left nut for a place to rehearse other than the loading dock.
a sign up sheet.
genius.

So.

NOW, the plan is to catch up on recording the vocals so i can start sending complete songs over the internet to the AWESOME Jay Atwood for mixing (more on him in later posts). This way, he can work on them one at a time and not get pummeled with 15 songs all at once.

I am a very very happy gal today.
Yay!

xoxo
dl

ps
did i mention the HUGE GRAND PIANO...
in the free rehearsal room?

yes.
very happy indeed.



No comments:

Post a Comment