Monday, December 21, 2009


This is, apparently- connected to
They just hook you up with CD Universe when you sign on, i guess.


I also stopped by COLONY RECORDS today-
for those of you who don't know...
Colony Records is NYC institution here...
it's been around for ages and has been selling all kinds of music (sheet, recorded and/or otherwise) forever, basically.

I asked them what protocol is for having them sell a CD-
and he said, 

"Well, you bring one around- the guys 'in the back' (what? chained to the radiator?) listen to it..
if they like it...
you bring in ten copies.
And then if those ten copies sell, then we'll ask for more and then cut you in."

Of course in my MIND....
i'm like 'Jigga whaaaaaah?'

I didn't pay for ten CDs so you all could just MAKE money off them...
so i could have the honor of being sold in COLONY RECORDS for fuck's sake...
and not even get 5 cents for it.

But out LOUD i said, "Yeah. Well i'll bring one around, and 'the guys in the back' like it- you can call me and we'll figure it out."

which is code for....

"If you like it, i'll give you TWO free ones and then if you want more, we negotiate."

i mean...TEN free copies?

for the record-
it seems that the USUAL way it goes is...
in this sort of 'store buying' situation...

they buy ten CDs off you at a DISCOUNT.
Say, $10 each.
And then they can sell it for whatever they want but...
this whole, "hey let me just give you product so you can just make the money..." is beyond retarded.

it might all be moot if the 'guys in the back' aren't in the mood for my fabulosity of musicalle-ness.

But, i'll keep you all posted....

stay tuned darlings!!!



Yes Virginia, is does sound like a venereal disease.

or a contraceptive.

Ok, seriously.

Since I recently registered the name of my production company (Parting Glass Productions) with NYS...
and since i wanted to open a bank account specifically for Parting Glass Productions-
I was told that I needed an "EID".

An "EID" is an Employer Identification Number with the IRS.

Heads up....
If you go all the way to your local IRS building in the freezing cold and post-blizzard slush, to get a "SS-4" form, they will most likely say to you, 

"You know, you can do this online in like, ten minutes. If you do it here, you'll wait for at least an hour and the paperwork will take up to 4 weeks. You might as well just go home."


Just go to and have at it.
Search for an "SS-4 form", or "EID" on the site-
go through and answer all the questions and that's pretty much it.
No fee or anything (which was shocking to me).

Literally, in ten minutes, I had an EID number and was able to print it out to bring to the bank to open a 'business account' specifically for Parting Glass Productions.

When I file my taxes...
I honestly don't know what I claim all this under...
a 1099?
a W-2?
a 24601?

i have no idea.
God bless my accountant.

How does this affect when I apply for unemployment?
I have no idea.
God help me when I open my new post-BILLY claim.

I will keep you all posted as we go into this 'businessy-business' part of the production company bit....

in the meantime-
i hope you're all having a marvelous holiday season!