Sunday, October 25, 2009

150 CDS AND 150 DIGITAL DOWNLOADS

hey my little cherry pies---

I realized I never told you- in my post about the mechanical licenses- how many CDs and Digital downloads I ordered mechanical licenses FOR.

This blog budget for $1000 allows for 150 CDs to be reproduced with a beautiful 6 panel book in color designed by the brilliant Robbie Rozelle. This means that I can afford mechanical licenses for 150 CDs to be made and 150 digital files to be downloaded.

So that's how it breaks down my darlin's.

150 CDs.
150 digital downloads.
that's all this budget can take along with the other expenses.

*Honestly, I would have been thrilled to just get 25 CDs made and give them out as Christmas Presents. I never dreamed I'd actually NEED 150 CDs just to fulfill my pre-orders but...
life sometimes is kinda fucking wicked awesome like that.

whee!

Now I could have afforded more CDs if I'd gone with cheaper packaging-
less panels, black and white instead of color, etc-
but Robbie did such beautiful work it would be an absolute shame to not allow it to be enjoyed to the fullest.

So as a result-
for the extra panels and color-
i had to go with less actual CDs.

the price you pay for quality art, dolls.
and gladly.

more soon---

xo
dl

*full disclosure: I have used most of the Donation PR fund to order more than 150 actual CDs (which of course jacks up the prices of.....everything, basically). But I also really wanted to show that indeed, it was possible to do all of this for $1000, hence my 'Blog Budget'. The extra CDs are for 'promotional purpose' (to send for free to critics, radio stations, etc)- so it fits within the guidelines of PR.

No comments:

Post a Comment