Thursday, October 8, 2009

Why Carol Burnett is awesome.

Carol Burnett is awesome because she has agreed to write my 'CD Essay'.

The CD Essay is...
even tho I buy CDs, and should have noticed this practice-
the essay that someone writes about you and you put it in your CD booklet.

While i understand the reason for it...
the idea of it is a little uncomfortable to me.

I just...
feel like the music should speak for itself and....
if someone's reading the essay it means that they've already bought it anyway-
cause it's IN the booklet...
sooooooooo, it seems a bit like getting a letter of recommendation to publicize?

But.

I also understand it's the thing to do....
and....
I wanted to find someone that I'd worked with who i felt really got me.
Who i was, what i did, how i participate in this crazy world of music and theatre.

And for me, that's Carol.

For those of you who don't know-
Carol wrote an autobiographical play called Hollywood Arm with her daughter Carrie, and Hal Prince cast me to play Carol as a young woman.

It was one of the most magical times of my entire life, not even so much working on the play but working with her. She is, one of the most extraordinary, selfless, loving, giving women I have ever met in any capacity and I am proud to have had just a little sliver of life with her.

Anyway.

There are so many more reasons why Carol Burnett is awesome, of course...
but, this is today's.

She is truly a class act.

xo
dl

3 comments:

  1. And which "Hollywood Arm" did you play - left or right? ;-)
    In other words, fix the spelling before Carol sees this! LOL... xo, Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Todd Michael ThomasOctober 9, 2009 at 6:05 AM

    That rocks. Tug of the ear.

    ReplyDelete