Thursday, December 31, 2009

THE FINAL SAY IN THE EIN SITUATION

Ok.

So my awesome accountant Trudy Durant who I've been going to for years and handles pretty much 80% of the actors in town called me last night at around 9pm.

She said that the EIN is FINE.

To have it or not have it....
it's not life or death...
as long as when you get the EIN you say on the form that you are a 'SOLE PROPRIETOR'.
which i did.

*whew*

But you can still claim unemployment-
and of course, if you make money by selling some CDs while you're on unemployment when they ask if you if you've made "such and such" money this week-
you should be honest.

But i THINK....
come tax time...
i fill out a 1099 for what i made in selling CDs for Parting Glass Productions.

I'm NOT sure about that...
but when I go do my taxes I shall report back.
I promise.

BUT-
having the EIN...
neither here nor there...
it helps to get a BUSINESS banking account...
and in the FUTURE if i have employees i'm all set...

but...
it's not gonna screw me in any way because i don't technically employ anyone at the moment-
because I claimed 'sole proprietor' when i filled out the form.

SO THERE.
Whew!

Awesome.
No worries.
Yay!

A HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL-
AND MAY 2010 BRING YOU ALL EVERY HAPPINESS AND SUCCESS POSSIBLE!

xoxo
donna lynne

No comments:

Post a Comment